Restorative Root Canals in Tyler, TX
You don’t have to live with tooth pain and sensitivity. In fact, the longer you tolerate tooth pain and discomfort, the more likely you will need to have that tooth extracted. However, if you make an appointment for root canal therapy with Dr. Gerber at Gentle Dental Care, you can find immediate pain relief and save your natural tooth. Dr. Gerber proudly serves patients throughout Tyler, TX, Whitehouse, Flint, Bullard, Lindale and surrounding communities.
Pain Relieving Root Canals in Tyler, TX
Your teeth have a soft inner core of dental pulp. This pulp connects the crown of your tooth to the tip of the tooth root in the jawbone. The dental pulp is made of nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissues. When your tooth is cracked or has a deep cavity, harmful bacteria can infect the dental pulp. If left untreated, these bacteria can cause serious infection or an abscess in your tooth. This can then lead to pulp death and ultimately tooth loss. This can be a very painful process, but your tooth can be saved with a root canal procedure. During a root canal procedure Dr. Gerber will disinfect and seal your inner tooth to save it from any further decay.
Root Canals in Tyler, TX Step By Step
- Dental X-rays are taken to examine the extent of the decay
- A local anesthetic is administered
- A dental dam is put in your mouth to keep the tooth clean
- An opening is made through the crown of the tooth to gain access to the pulp chamber
- The infected or diseased pulp is removed
- The pulp chamber and root canals are flushed and cleaned
- A sealer paste and rubber compound is used to fill the tooth
- A dental filling is placed to make sure the root canals are protected
Immediate for Root Canals in Tyler, TX
You may be a good candidate for root canal therapy if you have any swelling around your face and neck, a hole in your tooth, a toothache or tooth pain, gum swelling, or tooth sensitivity. No one should have to live with tooth pain. Don’t wait for your symptoms to worsen, make an appointment to see Dr. Gerber at Gentle Dental Care for the root canal therapy you need today. Dr. Gerber restores smiles daily throughout Tyler, TX, Whitehouse, Flint, Bullard, Lindale and surrounding communities.
See what our
patients are saying